Saturday, April 18, 2009

SUCCESS!!!

So, I got great news. A few weeks ago I applied to a position on our Student Judicial Board. Last week I was interviewed. Last night I found out that I was accepted. KICK TOTAL ASS!!!

I'm really excited about this. I have a couple of friendlies on there with me, which is a very good thing. Still, parts of the circumstances make me wonder. I have a buddy who's leaving the board, and I read between the lines that they thought I was 'abrasive'. Not sure what to think about that. All I know is that I have to work twice as hard to make my name be heard through the preconceptions. That seems to happens a lot, come to think of it. I guess what it boils down to is that I leave a horrible first impression.

Still, I don't think I'm going to meet any new friends in this gig. I mean, I'll be sure to be friendly, but I doubt that I'll have any sort of heart-to-heart with anyone on there.

Either way, I'm excited as all get out, man. Can't wait to get started!!!

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment